Philippians 2:3-4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4







Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Less of me, more of You

A friend asked the question today; What would it be like if God answered the prayer "Lord, Empty me of myself and fill me with You". Many of us say these things but don't really stop to think what that would look like in the real world. Although it is a concept that will rest and grow within me for the next several days, here was my short answer...

"I would express love more freely, without reservations or expectations."

...and then I added...

I have an item that struck me earlier in the week... (or maybe it’s the same). Are we closer to God when things are going well, or when they are bad? How often do we make a Gratitude list, and how would that daily practice change our lives?

It is definitely something to think about.