Philippians 2:3-4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4







Friday, March 16, 2012

The meek shall inherit the earth ...

This video (below) is one of the best explanations for my feelings about some peoples need for constant interaction. The world demands that I be an extrovert, so I try very hard. The reality is that I am not comfortable with feeling like I must be engaged at all times, or be perceived as being rude or aloof. I am able to be gregarious only in short stretches. Using my sometimes hard to understand allegorical language I can say; To me, being outgoing is like a sprint, being introverted is like an easy walk. I can do one for a short while, but the other is more sustainable in the long run.



Also check out this excerpt from the book just published by writer Susan Cain as seen in the video. It goes a long way towards explaining that feeling I have had inside all of my life. It feels good to know others feel the same. Like most introverts I have always felt that I had something to offer, it just feels strange that others sometimes feel the need to verbalize it. Like the name of the blog says, Gratitude and Humility are the quiet places where my mind seems most at home.