Philippians 2:3-4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4







Saturday, March 13, 2010

Listen

Recently I have been working through an ongoing instruction on Obedience. It seems that almost every day something will give me pause as I am shown how far our world seems to have traveled from the blessing of compliance with the will of God. I pride myself in the ability to ascertain the still small influence of the Holy Spirit that is sometimes unnoticed in the busy day to day… Notice I said pride. Pride is perhaps the loudest voice that tries to drown out God, even when we are prideful in our piety (especially then). I find myself viewing these lessons through the paradigm of my life. I have found it sad that others are so vain as to think themselves important enough to be able to live life without the need for Holy guidelines. He smiles patiently as I think this and moves knowingly onto my next lesson. At some point I have finally begun to comprehend that each of these messages has been meant for me. I am humbly appreciative of the persistence of a resolute teacher. This should have been fairly obvious but I am imperceptive while I am feeling superior. I am glad I serve a God who will continue to turn up the volume until my self-centered deaf ears cannot help but hear.